LEADS Canada and the Canadian College of Health Leaders are pleased to offer a new intake for certification as a LEADS Coach.
LEADS Certification is valid for two years and certified LEADS Coaches are entitled to:
- Access to the LEADS in a Caring Environment framework and Sentinel Behaviours;
- All individual 360 debriefing materials;
- Working tools and templates for the organizational LEADS 360 Aggregate Report Interpretation;
- Have their bio and contact information posted on the LEADS Canada website;
- Access to the LEADS Community for Practice; and
- One electronic (pdf) version of the LEADS booklet.
Eligibility to apply includes:
- LEADS knowledge and experience (for example: 'Coaching with LEADS' course offered at Royal Roads University and/or completion of the LEADS Learning Series). Applicants must provide proof of completion;
- Certified coach qualifications (ICF ACC level or equivalent). Applicants must provide proof of qualification; and
- $550 + applicable taxes (this includes a non-refundable $50 application fee)
To apply, please submit:
- Documentation detailing your knowledge and experience with LEADS, either completion of the RRU 'Coaching with LEADS' course or completion of the LEADS Learning Series;
- Documentation of your required level of coaching certifications;
- $550 (this includes a non-refundable $50 application fee);
- Application submission deadline is March 1 st, 2020 (11:59 PM)
Successful applicants will be required to register and attend two (2) X two-hour webinars:
You will be notified of acceptance for LEADS Certification within one month of the application deadline. If you are not accepted, you will be reimbursed $500. Once accepted, you will be provided with the links to register for BOTH two-hour webinars.
- April 6, 2020, 1-3 pm (Eastern)
- April 20 2020, 1-3 pm (Eastern)
Why become a Certified LEADS Coach?
Certified LEADS Coaches are qualified to debrief the LEADS 360 Assessment. The LEADS 360 Assessment is a popular tool used across Canada and its popularity is growing. Appropriate debriefing of the LEADS 360 Assessment is a requirement for clients for purchase of LEADS 360 Assessments. LEADS Canada provides three options for debriefing:
- Individual Debrief (90 minutes): by video conferencing or telephone
- Group Debrief: face to face presentation
- Individual Debrief (30 minutes), available only in conjunction with the Group Debrief: by video conference or telephone
As a certified LEADS Coach, you will be listed, with your bio, on the LEADS Canada website. LEADS Canada will assign the debriefings to the coaches and advise the individual client regarding their assigned coach. The client will be provided with a link to the coach profiles page so they can review your profile. LEADS Canada will contact you to confirm your availability for the work, provide you with coachee contact information and the organization’s preferred debriefing window (usually a two week window in which to complete the debriefings). A PDF of the subject’s LEADS 360 Assessment report will be sent to you upon completion of the assessment process. Your role will be to coordinate a meeting time with the participant, send the PDF of the LEADS 360 report to the coachee prior to the debriefing, and to complete the debrief. You will advise LEADS Canada as soon as the debriefing has been completed, then submit your invoice to LEADS Canada for payment within two weeks of completing the debrief.
Certified LEADS Coaching rates are as follows:
Individual Debrief (90 minutes)
Individual Debrief (30 minutes)
LEADS Aggregate Report Interpretation
$1,500.00 - $2,500.00 (depending on number of levels in report)
Upon completion of the two webinars, you will enter into a licensing arrangement with the Canadian College of Health Leaders to provide LEADS coaching services based on the training and commitments that include:
- The legal and ethical obligations of codes of ethics of the International Coach Federation and the Canadian College of Health Leaders;
- Following confirmation of availability, honouring the timelines requested in the LEADS 360 process;
- Respecting the copyright and IP properties of the LEADS in a Caring Environment framework, the LEADS 360 Assessment tool, and related documents (copyright and IP belong to the Canadian College of Health Leaders);
- Commit to the Certified LEADS Coaching rates;
- Initial LEADS 360 Aggregate Report Interpretation(s) to be co-authored with an experienced certified LEADS Coach (at a reduced rate);
- Participate in the LEADS 360 Debriefing Evaluation process;
- Adherence to the CCHL Travel Expense Policy when required and to the LEADS 360 Assessment and D ebriefing Policy and Procedure; and
- Certification renewal will be required every two (2) years to provide you with updates in debriefing practices, tools and materials.
This certification intake is available in English only.
For more information or application questions, please contact
Tracy Wightman, Manager, LEADS Learning and Development Programs