LEADS Canada Facilitation
For more information on our certification program:
Manager, LEADS Learning and Development Programs
1-800-363-9056 ext. 232
Eligibility & Requirements
All of the following requirements must be met.
- LEADS Knowledge;
- Organizational LEADS Facilitator Certification, OR
- Extensive LEADS learning plus experience (reviewed and approved by a LEADS Consultant).
- Leadership credential and work experience;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Leadership, Management, or Organizational Development, or CHRP.
- Certified Facilitation credential (IAF or equivalent); and
- CCHL membership
- Related Facilitation and instructional skills/adult learning experience expressed in the following areas:
- LEADS Framework content, knowledge and integration into practice;
- Leadership and Change Management theories knowledge (critical thinking and application);
- Facilitation Skills (knowledge and application);
- Adult Learning Theory (knowledge and application); and
- Designing learning opportunities and adapting to organizational needs
- Evaluation of above, reviewed and approved by LEADS Consultant; and
- CCHL membership.
*A reasonable combination of Options A and B may be reviewed and deemed sufficient for eligibility.
Successful applicants to the LEADS Canada Facilitator Certification program are required to complete the following:1. Successful completion of the LEADS Canada Facilitator Self-Directed Assessment/Learning & Development Plan.
Step One: Self-Assessment
- Assess your capabilities as a leader and facilitator using the LEADS Self-Assessment Tool. Develop evidence for your assessment and prepare to explain your rationale.
- LEADS Canada will assign you a mentor for the process.
Step Two: Learning & Development Plan
- Review the results and compiled evidence of the LEADS Self-Assessment Tool with your mentor.
- Create a Learning & Development Plan for areas of needed development based on the Self-Assessment and discussion with your mentor.
- Review plan with mentor; gain approval to proceed.
Step Three: Learning & Development
- Conduct Learning & Development Plan.
- Create portfolio of deliverables that demonstrate completion of the Learning Plan.
Step Four: Evaluation
- Submit the portfolio to your mentor.
- Your mentor reviews portfolio; adjudicates re expectations: Have you met expectations, OR Is there more work to be done?
- Review the results with your mentor.
- Your mentor recommends you to LEADS Canada as (1) Complete: ready for certification; or (2) Incomplete; more work to be done.
- LEADS Canada issues certification and license OR you return to Step Two and revise the Learning & Development Plan.
2. Develop and deliver, upon request, a LEADS-based webinar responding to the current healthcare climate.
3. To renew for the next licensing term, participate in one or more LEADS Canada events or offerings e.g.: LEADS Exchange Day, LEADS Summit Series modules.
4. Participate in a Process and Procedures orientation webinar with the LEADS Canada team.